Research Institutes / Organizations Undertaking Aboriginal Health Research and Knowledge Translation

Indigenous Health Researchers at Canadian Universities includes a sampling of research institutes and organizations undertaking Indigenous health research and knowledge translation in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and the Atlantic.

Compiled by the National Collaborating Centre for Aboriginal Health, this listing is based on publicly available information on university websites in Canada.


Anisnabe Kekendazone NEAHR

Contact Information

1 Stewart Street, Room 319 Ottawa, ON, K1N 6N5

Tel: (613) 562-5393

Assembly of First Nations

Contact Information

55 Metcalfe Street Suite 1600 Ottawa, ON, K1P 6L5

Toll Free: 1 (866) 869-6789
Tel: (613) 241-6789

Atkinson Centre for Society and Child Development

Contact Information

OISE/University of Toronto 252 Bloor Street West, Rm 9-238 Toronto, ON, M5S 1V6

Tel: (416) 978-0940

Canadian Child Care Federation

Contact Information

700 Industrial Ave, Suite 600 Ottawa, ON, K1G 0Y9

Toll Free: 1 (800) 858-1412
Tel: (613) 729-5289

Canadian Institute of Child Health

Contact Information

Suite 300 384 Bank Street Ottawa, ON, K2P 1Y4

Tel: (613) 230-8838

Centre for Families, Work and Well- Being

Contact Information

University of Guelph Guelph, ON, N1G 2W1

Tel: (519) 824-4120 ext.53829

Centre of Excellence for Child Welfare

Contact Information

CWLC 226 Argyle Avenue Ottawa, ON, K2P 1B9

Tel: (613) 235-4412

Centre of Excellence for Children and Adolescents with Special Needs

Contact Information

681 Oliver Road Thunder Bay, ON, P7B 5E1

Tel: (807) 343-8219

Centre of Excellence for Children’s Well-Being: Youth Engagement

Contact Information

23 Isabella St. Toronto, ON, M4Y 1M7

Tel: (416) 597-8297

Child Development Institute

Contact Information

197 Euclid Ave. Toronto, ON, M6J 2J8

Tel: (416) 603-1827

Connect with the NCCAH